Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Nice Guy | The Innocent Man

Title: Nice Guy | The Innocent Man (2012)
Genre: Melodrama
Casts: Song Joong-ki as Kang Ma-ru, Moon Chae-won as Seo Eun-gi and Park Si-yeon as Han Jae-hee.

The story is about a nice guy Kang Ma-ru (Song Joong-ki) who turns into not really a bad bad person but into someone who is stern, with a heart full of hatred, unforgiving, and vindictive. In a shorter sense, a used-to-be nice and respectful guy Kang Ma-ru no longer existed after a sudden turn of event in his life. And that was after his girlfriend Han Jae-hee turns his back on him for a rich man, choosing money over love. After 5 years of serving in prison due to admitting a crime done by the ex-gf Jae-hee, sacrificing his dream of becoming a doctor, he plans on getting back at her by using the ex-gf's step-daughter Seo Eun-gi, the heiress to a large corporation Taesan. Eun-gi, not knowing his real motive, falls in love with him while he as well falls in love with her in the process that he would do everything to keep Eun-gi safe from his monster ex-girlfriend. This drama is about love, sacrifice, betrayal, revenge and power.


I've finished watching Nice Guy or Innocent Man just a few hours ago. I've been watching this drama for I think a week now. I watched 2 to 3 episodes per night but I watched all first 5 episodes on the first night. The first few episodes of the drama were really interesting. I got hooked. Thus, I watched next episode every after the other.

The first few episodes I've watched showed how nice guy Kang Ma-ru is to take the blame for a crime (murder) done by his reporter girlfriend Jae-hee and to sacrifice his dream to become a doctor. By admitting the crime, Ma-ru was dropped out from his medicine school and was sent to prison for five years. Jae-hee then betrayed him by jumping into a very rich older man who is a president of Taesan.

Six years after, Kang Ma-ru is a changed man. He became a stuck-up (as I've observed), a snob and someone who plays a woman's heart. He works as a bartender and a gigolo at a bar and does a part-time scam job to earn money. His life has no sense anymore and continues living only for the sake of his sick sister. I was heartbroken at how Jae-hee turns him into.

Darn, it's when I started hating Jae-hee. She's a monster in disguise. But is Jae-hee that bad or Ma-ru is just plain stupid to give out all his love for Jae-hee that he can even leave his sick sister just for her? Trying to get back at the monster ex-girlfriend, Ma-ru uses Eun-gi, Jae-hee's so-called step-daughter and an heiress to a large corporation called Taesan.

Seo Eun-gi who has been groomed to be a successor of  large corporation is a picture of a tough woman, overworked, has no friends, someone who shows very little emotion, and works hard to keep her father's corporation at its best. Although she shows off a tough expression, she's naive when it comes to love. She falls in-love right away to Kang Ma-ru. 

Okay, I haven't noticed I've babbled long enough. I must stop here now...I must leave the rest of the story for you to find out but check out next post to read my say about the drama.

Where to watch?
http://www.epdrama.com/nice-guy/
http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/innocent-man/

1 comment:

texas_sweetie said...

sounds like a very good Kdrama... i wish i have enough time for this as I am always in a hurry, i doubt i can watch this pretty nice Kdrama...

June 03: Empty Park Bench

 Today's challenge at FMS photo a day is Empty Park Bench. I have a lot of photos of park benches but here are my favorites. 1. This one...